This week has been pretty jam-packed, mostly with work, blogging and filming but I have managed to squeeze in a few fun things, too. As always, you can follow me on Instagram for more updates.
Last weekend, Jordan and I went out so I used my new Babyliss Pro Curl gadget which I’ve actually had for some time but it took me a while to get over my fear of my hair being sucked up. As someone who likes to spend roughly three minutes on her hair, I do tend to leave it as it is most of the time but I really wanted to do something a little different with my hair. Enter a curled ‘do that settled in to lovely waves after a little while – and damn, that thing is quick! I will do a full tutorial on it soon, but I am no longer afraid and it’s very easy/quick to use.
On Sunday I wanted to hunt down the famous soup/breadbaskets from the West End, we went to Cafe Go Go which is on the lane just before Ashton Lane (where the Zizis is, in Glasgow). I felt SO FULL after munching on this but it was amazing. I’m not really a soup person unless I make it myself (I know), mainly because I have teeth and also find them a little bland but this was great. Soup in a bread bowl. Amazing.
I went on a little drugstore haul also, the reason for this being that I’m doing a budget series on gh0stparties next week – I had a few people ask for drugstore videos so I clumped five posts and two videos together! I have spent the last few weeks finding ‘affordable alternatives’ for my favourite high end products. I hope you’re excited…
I also attended a MAC Techniques event which was amazing, I love the MAC events as you really do learn so much. MACs head makeup artist, Cher, is incredibly talented and its amazing to see her work. I get so sucked in and I’m mentally making notes along the way so it’s a lovely experience. We went as bloggers but you can buy tickets, just ask at your local counter.
I took more photos of my flat for a home updates post, mainly a sort of ‘autumn themed’ video and also because I’m constantly updating the place! You will probably notice that I tend to rearrange and reorganise our house constantly but I like it to look fresh.
01. I’ve actually had a really lovely week this week, it’s been pretty busy with things outside of usual blogging and work which is a nice change from the norm. Jordan and I have been switching things up in the flat, doing a bit of Christmas shopping (kind of) and heading out for breakfast and lots of tea. We went for lunch today and then walked via the Post Office so I could pick up some parcels, on the way back we finally visited the St Mungo Museum of Religious Life & Art – it’s right next to us and I’ve always wanted to go because I’m really in to that sort of thing, other beliefs and religious history. It was quite small but so lovely, the cathedrals in Glasgow are just beautiful and Autumn is in full… bloom? right now. I really need to see Glasgow some more, I always forget just how incredibly huge it is!
02. As you can probably see, I’ve had a switch up of my blog layout! I always like to change my blog up every now and again because it makes me feel so refreshed and I really love doing it. I have a few more things to tweak and I might change the link buttons on the left, but otherwise I think it looks pretty cute. Very minimal and me!
03. I’m thinking about filming an Autumn Lookbook on my channel, but I’m not sure I’d be all that good at it. Clothes are always the last thing I buy because I can never really justify them when I have so many other outgoings, but I really want to post more of my outfits on my blog or channel. I will give it a go anyway and see how it pans out!
01. I’ve had a pretty makeup-inspired week, mainly because I’ve had a few new products to try out and I’ve also been testing out my new brushes. Since I got my new brushes, mainly the Sigma Synthetic Kabuki Set, I’ve been feeling so good about my makeup and skin in general – it’s been so much fun to try new things with new brushes, let me tell you. I’ve been really thinking about what’s going on my face lately, I’ve taken a vow and committed myself to contouring – something that’s helping my moon face to look a little more sculptured. I also met with Bobbi Brown this week to chat about their new launches and Christmas collections which was, of course, the most fun and I can’t believe how many lovely palettes they have on counter right now!
I took a trip to Space NK to finally get my paws on the Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder which has to be one of my top products at the moment, it really creates a kind of hallow to the cheek bones and temples so the face looks so defined. I also picked up the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser on a whim, but I already love it – it has all the benefits of a foundation but looks lighter and more radiant.
The lovely people at Appelles Skincare sent me a package this week, too. I hadn’t heard of the brand before but the products on their website look amazing so I had to get involved. I am loving natural products at the moment and these Australian brands seem to be churning out some absolutely beautiful products. I shall pop up a review asap.
02. Jordan and I have been prepping for Halloween, we have a friend’s party to go to this weekend and our friends are pretty serious about good costumes. I’m going in drag which will be the most fun makeup-wise! Jordan bought a wig to go as Woody Allen but is definitely channeling Austin Powers instead, I almost died laughing when he first put it on! I will be sure to Instagram the results.
03. I got a new pair of Ray-Ban Clubmasters and a pair of Nike Free x Liberty trainers from the lovely people at Zalando recently – I’ll be sure to post about them next week as they’re both so, so nice. I’ve been attempting to start running recently but omg, I had no idea I was so unfit! Send advice.
04. I’ve really been loving Meg’s blog lately, she’s (thankfully) back to regularly posting which is the dream! So many posts to catch up on, perfect for a lazy Saturday morning.
I went blonder! I had my hair done again this week (I’ll get a full post up soon) but I really like this new colour and style – I had my fringe shaped a bit better as I’m growing it out so I now officially don’t have a full fringe anymore! I have just bought a huge amount of hair products to care for and repair my hair, I will get a haul video up this week hopefully!
I got some of the new Bleach London products as I need to redo the lilac in my hair but I’m not sure if I should risk it fading to the questionable green hue that I’ve only just managed to get rid of! I might apply a small bit to the ends and see – if anyone has any pink based lilac dye recommendations lemme know!
The Bleach products have already been snapped up by so many people according to my Instagram feed! I love going through the brands Instagram and seeing all the results. I like a very faint pastel affect so I mix my lilac dye with conditioner and leave it on so it’s very muted, which is good if you want a bit of colour but you don’t want to go all out.
I started rewatching Secret Diary of a Call Girl recently and I’m hooked all over again! I love all the outfits and when Hannah gets her house, I literally can’t take it. I want everything! As I have such a short attention span, I usually stick to series rather than films – American Horror Story is back this week but I haven’t caught up yet. Jordan is off to rerecord the vocals for the album again next week so I reckon I’ll spend a good chunk of my time on Netflix.
I mentioned a little while ago that we were looking to move and I’m still keeping an eye on Rightmove daily but I do love this flat so much so it’s going to be hard to find something that’s better than this! The one thing I look for when I’m searching for flats is big windows, I love the tenement style flats because they always have a big bay window in the living room, but in this flat we have huge windows in every room. One day, I will find my dream house and it will look like Hannah’s in Secret Diary. Someone has created a Pinterest board dedicated to it, that’s how amazing it is.
Yup, I really have no news this week so I shall end this here! Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for more updates. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!